http://www.thedailytail.com/dogs/canine-parvovirus-outbreak-in-san-francisco/s

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Patches finally reveal he is ill as well




Patches Colbert (As I said, Patches is very close to his mother, thats her next to him.)
Patches was the first born puppy he was pure pink and white when he came out the womb. He has the sweetest disposition and everyone loves and wants patches. He is so different from his brothers and sisters. He had a body full of white fluffy fur and fat and cute as every. To look at patches he seemed he didn't belong to the group of puppets. He is always in control and calm. He is non-confrontational and seem to draw people in. He is very close to his mother as he is today. I love to see Patches come home after an outing and walk up to his mother and kiss her. He sleeps next to her everyday and night. As he became older he started sleeping away from the rest of the family. He had lots of fur and seemed to get hot very easy. Then I figure out that it was because he had so much fur and overheated very quick. Each night he starts off by sleeping next to his mother, but shortly after falling asleep I see him jump off the bed and lie on the floor where its much cooler. He loves playing with his brothers and sisters and a lot of friends that comes over to play with them everyday. There is one secret that Patches has and that is he is afraid of height. 

During play time, all the puppies would get up under the sofa and pull apart  the bottom lining of the sofa. Patches is very caution with his life and never staid to far away from his mother. But that enough about Patches, let me tell you how I almost lost this very precious animal.

Tinkerbell my runt contracted canine parvovirus and it rapidly spread to the other three dogs. Gabby was the second dog to contract parvo, Baby G was the third dog and Bear was the fourth dog to contract parvo.  I must mention again that Bear became just as sick as his sister. I guess their systems are both weak. Now we are in the second week of Tinkerbell's illness and she is beginning to wag her tale, get up and work around, but she was still sick and weak. Then I noticed that Patches started sitting around and I immediately knew what to do. I started Patches on meds right away because I recognized the signs of parvo. I'm glad that I went through this experience because I can now recognize the symptoms and signs and stop the disease become it can take control over my dog's body.

No comments:

Post a Comment