http://www.thedailytail.com/dogs/canine-parvovirus-outbreak-in-san-francisco/s

Friday, October 7, 2011

Baby G Watches over his big sister - Becomes next victim


Baby G

As I mention earlier in this  piece that each dog have his/her own personality. Baby G is this happy-go-lucky dog with a beautiful smile. He thinks he is the leader of the pack. I love to see him walking down the street just as happy as he can be and as if there is no danger. One of his favorite things to do is bark at people he passes. He also like to chase people riding their bikes. As I said, Baby G is identical to his mother in body shape, but has all the signs and markings of a Jack Russell. There is always one puppies in the group that  loves its owner and I can clearly say that this is the puppy that loves me the most. He never allows me to hold or play with any of the other puppies. Anytime I play with the other puppies he jump in my right into my arms thus stopping me from playing with the other pups.  He needs to sleep next to me ever night. Whoever is sleeping next to me, he slides right between us and fall to sleep. I must admit that all he does bring joy to my heart to know how much he loves me.


After getting home from putting Tinker in the hospital I notice that Gabby was curled up in Tinker's bed. Baby is Gaby's twin brother and I found him licking her face I guess to cheer her up. He stayed with her whilst Tinker was in the hospital. I do know one thing for sure and that is when Tinker left Gabby went into some type of depression. She kept this sad look on her face.


When I went to pick-up Tinker and got her home, both Gabby and Baby G wasn't looking to good. Sunday morning, I knew they both has contracted parvo from Tinker.  The emergency hospital where I took Tinker sent me home with enough medication or all the dogs. But Tinker needed a doctor that she could see on a regular bases for the paro, so I took Gabby and Baby G with us. Sure enough all three had the disease, but Tinker was in a very serious stage of the disease. I wanted her to stay at the hospital, but the hospital closed at 9pm. I couldn't take a chance on her dying so I took her home with me.


Since both Gabby and Baby G had only been exposed for  few days, it took Baby G about two to recuperate.  He is growing and healthy.  All three animals has to be separated from the other two puppies, but Bear keep going in the room to see about his siblings. I had to keep running him out of the room and thought that he was fine. He was still going outside to play with his brother and it appeared that neither Bear nor Patches would catch paro. Boy was I wrangle After two days of treatment a-Gabby and Baby G  were fine and back eating and playing.


For more information about how this disease affects each dog differently. Please continue to read my blog on how it affect each of my dog or just type in goggle canine parvovirus.



 

GABBY




BABY  G







No comments:

Post a Comment