http://www.thedailytail.com/dogs/canine-parvovirus-outbreak-in-san-francisco/s

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gabby - Standing By her Baby Sister

Gabby Colbert
Gabby is this beautiful Tan and White Jack Russell Mix, but she looks like a pure breed Jack Russell. Dogs are a lot like people, they each have their own individual personality.  Gabby is sexy, very feminine, feisty and a very protective big sister to her baby-sister Tinkerbell. When Tinkerbell first became ill, Gabby would get  into Tinkerbell's bed and sit with her day-in and day-out. She would even take Tinker food to eat, but of course Tinker wasn't  eating. At the time, Gabby knew that Tinker was seriously ill, but there was no way for her to tell me. She just kept coming about half way down the stairs and would bark at me then look up the stair where Tinker was,  then head back upstairs. Now, I realize she wanted me to come see about her sister.  The next day I watched as her mother walked up to Tinker and smelled her and walked away as to say there is nothing I can do. Her brothers did the same. But Gabby never left Tinker's side. The night before Tinker had to be placed in the hospital, she started throwing-up all night Gabby became restless and kept trying to get me to attend to Tinker, but I though Tinker had eaten something that just upset her stomach.  When I left to go to school the next day Tinker stayed under the bed and did not come out to say goodbye. When I got home, I was greeted by all the dogs except Tinker and Gabby. Tinker and Gabby stayed upstairs. Then Gabby came running down the stair and I could hear Tinkerbell making a  horrible moaning sounds. I rushed up the stairs to see Tinker lying in a parallel position on my backpack. I known from the sound she was make and the constance moving and trying to find a position to put her body in a position to relieve her pain, I that she was dying. After taking Tinker to the hospital, it was confirmed that she was suffering from canine parvovirus. Tinker has to stay over night at the hospital. That Sunday morning, Tinker, Gabby and Baby G all had to the hospital.                      

Gabby trying to get my attention 
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment