http://www.thedailytail.com/dogs/canine-parvovirus-outbreak-in-san-francisco/s

Friday, October 28, 2011

Saving Tinkerbell - The fight begins

bv


Is is small or what?




Tinkerbell with a Happy Face




Tinkerbell Colbert

Tinkerbell is this feisty Jack Russell, Chihuahua and Pekingese mixed. From the time she began to walk and run, she wanted to show her twin brother that she was just as tough. At first, I thought that she just wanted to play, but then her personality began to show. The tomboy in her began to show. Dogs are just like people, they all have different personalities.

Bear is Tinkerbell's twin and he always wanted me to play with him. His favorite activity was grabbing hold of his stuff toy and allowing me to pull him off the floor without letting go of the toy. Bear and I  played together for a few day before Tinker decided she want to show are brother that she was just as strong. She proved herself because she could hold on to that stuff toy just as long and on many occasions longer than her brother and did not mind being lifted off the floor.

Letting the dogs out every morning and watching their mother teach them how to survive was a thrill. When the puppies fought each other, she would break up the fight by walking in between them or sometime she give them a bit or two to end their dispute. It was wonderful watching the puppies do what she told them to do. I love watching precious make her babies chase her. I loved watching Precious discipline her babies as she still does today.
    
By the time the puppies were four months old things began to change. The last puppy to be welcomed into the world began to show sign of an illness. The fight begins. She first became distant, then she hid under my bed throwing-up. The night before I took her to the doctor I could hear her crying out this sound of pain that I had never heard before. But still I though she was ok. I arrived home the next day and she came from under and bed and begin to cry out in pain. I immediately run up the stairs to find her lying on top if my backpack and just the sound alone told me she was dying.

I rush Tinkerbell to the emergency hospital and was told by the doctor that she was suffering from Canine Parvovirus. She weighted about 7 pounds and the doctor said that she may not make it since she was the last stages of the disease. I'm proud to say today that she is happy, health and alive. It took some work, but I found the courage to save her life.

Tinkerbell giving Baby G a beat down
Tinkerbell  playing with Baby G and Bear


Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment